Entertaiment

Ultra-quick reshoots cutting Kevin Spacey out of new film

Ultra-quick reshoots cutting Kevin Spacey out of new film

Sources close to the production of "All the Money in the World" have said that Plummer began reshoots immediately following the release of new sexual harassment allegations against a teenage boy were directed at the Oscar winning actor, Spacey. Variety adds that reshoots will take place over the next two weeks and Wahlberg and Williams are expected to be involved (let's hope their wigs are better than the one Kate Mara wore in the Fantastic Four reshoots).

Scott and Imperative Entertainment, which is financing the pic, made the decision Wednesday to cut Spacey, with Sony backing their decision.

A MA woman on Wednesday accused Spacey of sexually assaulting her 18-year-old son on the holiday island of Nantucket last year and said police had opened a criminal investigation. All the Money in the World chronicles the true life saga of the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III (Charlie Plummer) and his mother's desperate attempt to convince his insanely wealthy grandfather (Spacey/Plummer) to pay the ransom.

As a result, they will be replacing Spacey with Academy Award Winner, Christopher Plummer and somehow keep the release date, is still scheduled for December 22.

It is not clear how Scott will produce the Spacey-Plummer swap, but bringing back the actors for filming and finishing the movie on this razor-tight schedule is an enormous undertaking.

More news: Eurozone Expected To Grow At Fastest In Decade As UK Slows
More news: TripAdvisor Will Now Identify Hotels And Resorts Where Sexual Assault Occurred
More news: Some Pixel 2 XL Users Are Reporting An Unusual Screen Flashing Issue

In the wake of the allegations, Sony Pictures also pulled the flick from the American Film Institute Fest and said in a statement that despite it being a "superb film", considering the ample allegations around the actor, it would be "inappropriate to celebrate at a gala".

Heather Unruh claimed that her son, who was 18 at the time, was "star struck", during a chance encounter with the actor at the bar in July 2016. More on the All The Money In The World Kevin Spacey exit below.

Spacey's career has been battered in recent weeks following Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp's revelation that he was sexually harassed when he was 14.

Vox has reached out to Spacey's representatives for comment.