Arrest made after missing North Carolina girl presumed dead

Arrest made after missing North Carolina girl presumed dead

Officials now say the search for Mariah is now a recovery process. She says Kimery, saw the child later that night. Kimrey is being held in the Onslow County Detention Center under a $1,010,000 bond.

"We had a total of 730 volunteers help us today", Miller said.

Investigators also sorted through 95,000 pounds of trash by hand, searching for items of interest, the sheriff's office said.

"We all hoped and prayed to find her alive".

"It is with deep sadness that I tell you our investigation leads us to believe 3-year-old Mariah Woods is deceased", Miller added.

Miller said that the outpouring of support from the community has been "overwhelming" and asked that residents continue to support each other "as we all grieve the life of this little girl and still focus on finding her".

More news: GM to Deliver Autonomous Ride-Sharing Service to 'Multiple Cities' by 2019
More news: Corvette ZR1 Convertible Is Rightfully One Of LA's Hottest Debuts
More news: Russia World Cup draw

Investigators now believe that Mariah Woods, who went missing from her home Monday, is dead, according to a post from the Onslow County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

Authorities have arrested a man in connection with the disappearance of a 3-year-old North Carolina girl. Dive teams have been searching Southwest Creek in Onslow County, Meador said, which is about 3 miles away from where the family lives. Earlier Wednesday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation released surveillance photos of a woman and a little girl who matched Mariah's description, in hopes of identifying the pair.

Records reportedly show that Kimrey broke into a home and stole two dressers around the time Woods disappeared, according to WNCN.

They were sent straight to the FBI's base in Quantico, Virginia, for testing on Wednesday afternoon. Woods lives with her mother and her mother's live-in boyfriend on Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Once they realized she was missing, the couple said they called authorities. Please just bring her back safe and sound - she's my baby, she's my everything'.

Officials said more than 700 people came Friday to join the search for the toddler.

Also, FBI agents searched a landfill.